DECEMBER 5, 2021: COVID-19 UPDATE
As the great Yogi Berra once said, "It ain't over til its over." Recent COVID-19 spikes and concerns about a highly transmissible omicron variant have once again reminded us that we need to remain vigilant in keeping ourselves safe and healthy.
What Can You Do?
- If you are not yet vaccinated against COVID-19, please obtain one as soon as possible. If you have a child under 5 years of age, I anticipate approval for the vaccine for this age group shortly after the 1st of the year.
- If you are over 18 years old, get your COVID-19 booster. The boosters have been shown to be quite effective and give you best chance of minimizing infection or hospitalization should you get COVID-19.
- Avoid large indoor settings. The virus has a highly likelihood of transmission in the smaller quarters with poorer ventilation. If attending gatherings, please try to insure that all who are present are vaccinated.
- In public settings, wear your mask. It works and cuts transmission rates.
- Don't forget about the flu and other respiratory viruses. They are prevalent now and can easily mimic COVID-19 symptoms. If you have not received your flu vaccine, please do so.
What Are We Doing?
- Chicago Pulmonary Specialists continues to enforce the strictest infection control measures in order to keep you safe during your visit.
- Traffic control measures, use of room purifiers, strict mask policy, and aggressive COVID-19 monitoring for patients undergoing higher infectious transmission procedures remain in effect. We welcome any additional measures that you may have.