Comprehensive Fitness Assessment
Fitness Assessments by Dr. Steven Boas
Pediatric Pulmonologist in Northfield, IL
Among the services and procedures performed at the Sports Science Institute of Illinois is a comprehensive fitness assessment, which evaluates all the essential components of an athlete’s physical fitness.
While most of the exercises involved are submaximal and non-strenuous, you will perspire during the bike test.
Following the assessment, you will receive a summary sheet that explains your results compared with national data and, within a few days, you will be sent a complete report.
The assessment involves the following items and procedures:
- Comprehensive medical screen
- Exercise-specific physical examination
- Dietary analysis including macro- and micronutrient analysis
- Dietician referral
- Diagnostic blood testing
- Body composition assessment
- Multi-frequency bioelectric impedance analysis
- Holtain skinfold assessment WHR, IBW, BMI
- Aerobic (VO2) capacity assessment bicycle ergometer
- Maximal incremental protocol
- Anaerobic capacity assessment
- Wingate Anaerobic Test
- Submaximal testing
- Assessment of static lung function
To learn more about our comprehensive fitness assessment and other services, please contact the Sports Science Institute of Illinois at (847) 998-3434 or complete our online form to request an appointment.